Aldan Union Church Position Description for Communications Coordinator
Pastoral staff for communications / Office Manager for office support duty
Working with the Pastoral Staff, this team member is responsible to assist in the vital process of communications with the Aldan Union Congregation, and outreach to the local community through written and social media platforms. This individual must possess strong interpersonal and writing skills; have a thorough understanding of social media platforms and strategy, as well as content management. The position will also include some office / secretarial support functions to supplement the current secretarial staff. This position is expected to be full time, but we will consider part-time options.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and develop all print / electronic / social media / website communications for Aldan Union Church.
2. Upkeep and manage content of our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts as well as our website (Squarespace currently) and blog. Individual must be able to post social media that aligns with and supports our mission.
3. Layout, design and write copy for bulletins, AUC Connect and other items given out at our various services.
4. Assist pastoral staff with visual portions of our various worship services.
5. Collect content from our missionaries around the world; edit and curate it into usable communications / social feeds.
6. Computer technology support for the staff, including “Help Desk” type duties.
7. Backup for office support tasks including answering phones and secretarial work.
8. Other tasks as assigned to benefit our church
1. Proficient knowledge of various social media platforms
2. Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
3. Basic skills in Photoshop or other graphic design software
4. Ability to work independently and collaboratively
5. Great time and project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects with challenging tasks
6. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, New Media, or related field preferred.
Must have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The individual who fills this position must be, or become, a regular attender moving towards membership in order to be able to appropriately communicate the ministry and happenings at Aldan Union Church.
Along with salary, benefits include engaging in eternally important work, collaborating with an enjoyable team, having some flexibility in work schedule, and for full time employees, receiving a retirement account with an annual employer contribution and a generous medical insurance program.